Reply To: Systems Thinking and Easter Philosophy2018-10-02T05:55:10+00:00

Home Page Forums Systems Thinking Systems Thinking and Easter Philosophy Reply To: Systems Thinking and Easter Philosophy

Jae Hyung WooJae Hyung Woo
Participant

Speaking of philosophy, I’m sure there are various traditions in “Western philosophy” that also incorporated some aspect of systems thinking. One notable example would be the Process Philosophy largely associated with Alfred N. Whitehead, who tried to establish a whole different metaphysical system from the Greek tradition. It’s interesting that his metaphysics is often compared to Buddhist and Eastern philosophy, to the point that it once was almost a trend to do comparative studies between them. I don’t know if Whitehead read Eastern philosophy or not, but it would be unfair for him to say that he was heavily influenced by the other tradition. Moreover he was more of a mathematician before working in the philosophy at all. I think it’s rather a suggestion that there are some fundamental modes of thought or world-views that are accessible to anyone from any culture, if one just observes carefully and clearly.